Power battery pack, Battery controller, Drive motor, Motor controller, Reduction gearbox, DCDC, OBC, Vehicle controller, Thermal management system, 48V battery pack, Inverter, PCU, Generator
At present, new energy vehicles mainly refer to battery powered vehicles, including pure electric vehicles, hybrid vehicles, plug-in hybrid vehicles and 48V light hybrid vehicles. Compared with traditional vehicles, the chassis of battery powered vehicles has much more electronic equipment, such as battery pack, battery controller, drive motor, motor controller, reduction gearbox, DCDC, thermal management system, and charging module, etc. How to ensure the long-term stability of these devices is a challenge.
The driving motor of new energy vehicles has high powers and generates large amount of heat. In addition, due to the gear movement inside the motor, the internal pressure will often change during the operation of the equipment. It is necessary to equalize pressure via ventilation devices. When the driving motor is exposed to the external environment, contacts of oil vapor in the vehicle, external dust and various liquids will occur, thus require waterproof and dustproof breathable products. IPRO snap-fit vent has high protection level with large air permeability, which can meet the requirements of automobile customers.
The following is a successful case of IPRO. The finished product parameters of IPRO Snap-fit Vent:
- Water Pressure Resistance: 60kPa
- Air Permeability: 300ml/ min@7kPa
- Operating Temperature: -40 ~ 150 degrees
- Protection Performance: IP67 / IP69K
As the core component of new energy vehicles and also one of the most valuable components, the battery pack is located on the vehicle chassis and is greatly affected by the environment. Therefore, relevant protection becomes extremely important. Due to large internal space, the battery pack needs a high volume of air permeability. Also, because of the complex composition of the battery, the breathable film needs to have high chemical corrosion resistance. IPRO’s rich reserves of ePTFE membrane and various product forms can help automobile manufacturers in the following aspects:
- Multiple product forms to improve the flexibility of customer product design.
- Large air permeability, improve air permeability efficiency per unit area and reduce the cost as a whole.
- Excellent consistency of ePTFE membrane makes the product extra stable
The following are the product parameters of one case:
- Water Pressure Resistance: 30kPa（60s）
- Air Permeability: 400ml/ min@7kPa
- Degree of Protection: IP67
- Operating Temperature: -40℃ to +150℃
The effective working of the driving motor is realized by the motor controller. During driving, the motor controller receives instructions of gear, brake, throttle, etc., and transmits the signals to the motor into acceleration, deceleration, direction control, etc. The consequences of motor controller failure are disastrous. Breathable products play a very important role in the hardware safety of motor controller. IPRO snap-fit vent and IPRO adhesive pressure vent can help clients improve the safety performance of the controller in the following aspects:
- Excellent air permeability; quickly balance the internal and external pressure difference of the controller, reduce components load and improve the service life.
- High protection level to prevent dust and other external pollutants from entering the controller.
- The high oil proof grade can effectively prevent the oil vapor in the vehicle such as engine oil from infiltrating the breathable film and always maintain excellent air permeability.
The battery pack, motor, gearbox, and braking system of new energy vehicles have their own control units to complete the corresponding functions. In order to better coordinate the work of each subsystem, new energy vehicles need a general controller to do the overall control. The performance of the general controller will affect the stability and safety of the vehicle. For the general controller, daily heating is normal, and the complex oil and steam environment in the vehicle will put the precision components at risk of corrosion. IPRO breathable products can help the vehicle controller improve stability and long-term reliability through the following aspects.
- Breathable; quickly balance the pressure difference inside and outside the controller.
- Moisture permeability to keep the interior of the controller dry and prevent corrosion.
- Chemical corrosion and high temperature resistant ePTFE membrane ensures that the products’ excellent waterproof and breathable performance.
Products: Snap-fit Vent, Screw-in Vent, Anti-explosion valve, Adhesive Pressure Vent